May 20, 2011

Will Work for Food

One of the challenges of smart pets is keeping them occupied. I have started making small treat bags for the girls, requiring them to work a bit to get to their food.

Sushi checks out her first bag of treats (Cheerios and Lucky Charms).
Thus far I have only used paper towel and string, but I want to move up to more complicated options. The girls seem to enjoy the challenge of getting the food out, not to mention just having something different to do.

Sushi checks out the paper towel bag.

Saké uses the rope to get a closer look.

Saké prepares to grab a carrot. I love her tail wrapped around the rope to the left.


The opened treat bag.

The best thing about the treat bags is that because they are something different, the girls get really excited and silly.

Sushi flips upside down into the nest.



1 comment:

  1. That is so cute. I wonder if they make things like those toys for dogs that you put peanut butter in?

    ReplyDelete