June 13, 2011

A Near Miss

A couple of months ago I posted about Saké and Marty (bentorats.blogspot.com/2011/03/sake-and-marty.html). Marty is not a cat I want around the rats, and the girls seemed to agree for quite a while. Gradually though, they relaxed when he's around and happily, he ignores them most of the time.

Additionally, last month I shared the story of Annie, our Weeping Angel, who is so silent that I managed to kick all of our other pets out of the bedroom before letting the girls out to play while neglecting to notice that Annie was even in the room (bentorats.blogspot.com/2011/05/dont-blink.html).

As a result of that near fiasco, I am exceptionally paranoid now when I get the girls out. I double check under the bed, around corners, etc., to make sure that there are no cats or dogs waiting to have a close experience with Saké and Sushi.

But then this weekend, after 30 minutes of the girls running around and playing, I suddenly noticed Marty standing in the middle of the room. Marty is generally quite sleepy, and I'm not sure he even noticed his proximity to two small rats. I grabbed him quickly and put him in the hallway, and the girls probably never even knew he was there. For me though, this was unbelievable. How could I do that TWICE?

If anyone doesn't need easy access to rats...

No comments:

Post a Comment