October 7, 2011

Leave Me Alone!

There is a rat inside this nest:


Usually the girls sleep on their bedding but in this case I think Sushi shoved all the bedding in the front to hide from us. Saké was downstairs renovating when I noticed the nest. Sushi must be a bit tired of all the attention, plus she's still swollen and probably sore from Tuesday's surgery.

In terms of recovery, I think she is doing pretty well. She has another day of pain meds and I will be glad to be done with those (she isn't a fan of them). Her antibiotics do not seem to bother her as much. It is remarkably hard to get the syringe into her mouth when she doesn't want it there - it is amazing how dexterous and strong her tiny paws are.

She is still eating the mixture of crushed lab blocks and baby cereal, as well as soaked monkey chow. I did notice her poking around the water bottle yesterday, which I think means her mouth must be feeling a bit better. Until she's able to drink comfortably, the baby cereal mixture should give her enough water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment