November 17, 2011

Crazy Rats

The rats have had limited playtime outside of their cage, due to a lot of unexpected stuff going on at home. We always hold them whenever we get a chance, but their concentrated playtime in the last week has been almost nothing. Thus last night we made a particular effort to get them out for a while.

For the first couple of minutes they were fairly quiet, just hanging out on my shoulders while I read. Then it was as if someone flipped a switch and they were off! Sushi raced up and down the length of the bed in great bounding leaps and Saké repeatedly would climb up to my shoulder, jump to the bed, and then do it all over again.

I tried to take pictures during all of this craziness but the girls were not inclined to stay still.

Sushi pauses before jumping off the towels and racing to the foot of the bed.

I think tonight I'm going to have to build them a jungle gym out of boxes and towels to really let them get that energy out.



No comments:

Post a Comment