February 9, 2012

Fat Saké

This past Sunday we took our dogs to a local fundraising dog wash. We donated money to a good cause and the dogs received much needed baths (with the mess and smell kept far away from our house). While there we encountered a lovely black lab, who was as obese as he was sweet. Overweight pets are touchy subject for me, since I think it is the responsibility of the owner to keep their pets as healthy as possible, and this means not feeding them to death.

Fast forward a couple of days. We often add a bit of cold cereal (such as Cheerios or Rice Chex) to Sushi's mush of lab blocks and baby cereal. We do this mainly to give her some variety in her pretty boring diet. However, her sister also eats Sushi's food on a regular basis.

On the night in question, the cereal was Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I noticed Saké happily eating a piece of it and thought to myself how adorable she was and grabbed the camera. Then I thought about the overweight dog from the fundraising wash and realized that I had no more excuse than that dog's owners. Thus I present the last picture that will ever be taken of Saké enjoying Cinnamon Toast Crunch. If there is anything our fat rat doesn't need, it is empty calories.

Saké

No comments:

Post a Comment