April 25, 2012

Smart Saké

Saké continually amazes me. Late last week, while the girls were separated due to Sushi's illness, I walked by the cage and noticed something strange. A piece of flannel bedding had been folded up into a neat rectangle and tucked under the water bottle. I asked Dave about it but he had nothing to do with it.

A closer examination revealed that the water bottle was leaking nonstop (it has since been replaced). The square of flannel was soaked but the rest of the cage was dry.

Since neither Dave nor I had any part in folding or carefully placing the flannel, the culprit must have been Saké. I know rats are smart but this sort of thing continually amazes me. This isn't the first time she has displayed such intelligence and I think if more people understood how smart rats are, they might not get such a bad rap.

Genius.

1 comment: