June 28, 2012

Lumpy Sushi

The other sad development with Sushi over the past few weeks is that she has developed not one, but two tumors. One is a relatively slow growing one under right front leg but the other one is behind her left front leg (behind it, but not under it like on the other side). I swear this one on the left grows while you are looking at it, and every day it seems more substantial.

The big pushed out area on the right behind her front leg is a tumor.
So, what are we doing? If she didn't have all her respiratory issues, we'd take her to the vet and see about getting them removed. But with her breathing problems, I'm not sure she can handle anesthetic and frankly, I'm not willing to put her through much more suffering in her life. She has overcome so much and still maintains her sweet, inquisitive, willing nature. Unless this seems to cause her any pain or discomfort (none yet that we can tell), we're just going to let her be.

I hate it though. She is one of the sweetest creatures I've ever met and I hate that she can't seem to catch a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment