March 11, 2011

Saké and Penelope

The other night I witnessed something I never expected. I've mentioned before the relationship between Saké and our cat Penelope. Penn spends hours sitting next to the rats' cage and Saké often interacts with her in different ways. They spend a lot of time nose to nose,  sniffing and watching each other, etc.

Last night, Penelope smacked the front of the cage with one of her paws, as she often does. But this time she caught one of her claws on the wire, preventing her from immediately pulling her paw away. Nearly immediately Saké ran up to her and grabbed onto the caught paw, one little ratty hand on each side.

It only lasted a few seconds before Saké released Penn and Penn freed her paw. Penelope just looked confused. I'm going to have to keep a camera handy in the future, so I don't miss documenting this. It was one of the cutest and most unexpected things I've seen.

Saké and Penelope - an unlikely duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment