March 8, 2011

Sushi's Tooth

Sushi goes to the vet this afternoon. It has been just under four weeks since her last visit. She has made it a couple of days longer than in the past, and I think this is due in large part to the way her upper incisors have grown. Instead of pushing into her gums, they are growing outside of her lip.


Sushi's upper incisors are clearly visible.
I am not sure if this is because of how her teeth were trimmed at her last appointment or if it is just a result of how her teeth are growing in general. It does seem to have been a better situation for her though - she hasn't dropped any weight the last couple of days and seems to be eating normally, although slowly.

A closer look makes the incisors' issues more evident.


I am curious to hear the vet's thoughts on this change in growth pattern.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I don't think I've seen a pic yet of the tooth coming out. Very interesting. Hopefully it's a sign that they're realigning?

    ReplyDelete