March 1, 2011

Showing Rats?

As some of you may know, I spent the majority of my life showing horses. Ironically, an old riding injury has left me hardly able to ride these days, much less compete. As a result, I have some time on my hands.

Randomly, I typed "rat shows" in a search engine today and lo and behold, people compete with rats! Furthermore, Michigan has an association that holds shows! Even better is the name of the association, Rat Fanciers of the Lakes.

I may have to check this out. Here's the best in show rat from their fall 2010 show:

BVR Small Monster
While Sushi is definitely not "show quality" with her teeth, and I don't know enough about what a show quality rat is like to know if Saké qualifies, there is also a pet class, with categories such as "Sweetest Face, "Most Relaxed," and "Friendliest." Those are categories to strive for!

BVR Peep, winner of "Sweetest Face"

I am not sure what Dave is going to say when I suggest we attend a Rat Fanciers of the Lakes meeting.

2 comments:

  1. When I was 12 my dog won cutest dog at the local library pet show. It even beat out a cocker spaniel puppy. Yes! that cute :-)

    ReplyDelete