February 11, 2011

Teeth Trimming Pt. 1

We have a ton of great pictures from Sushi's visit to the vet yesterday and I will probably share them over the next few days. My hope is that if someone has a rat with severe malocclusion and finds this blog, these pictures will give them an idea of what to expect. We had no idea what was going to happen the first time Sushi's teeth were trimmed. Now I'm beginning to feel like a pro.

The worst part of the trip to the vet is waiting. I'm not sure if this is worse for Sushi or I.

Sushi hangs out in her carrier.
Actually, the worst part might be handing her over. She's so tiny compared to everything else in the room.

Immediately after this picture she tried to escape via my scarf.
Sushi was given a pretty thorough exam prior to getting knocked out. Watching the vet listen to her heart with a stethoscope was pretty comical, not to mention palpating her abdomen.

Sushi was less than cooperative for the exam.
Once it was time to knock her out, Sushi fell asleep pretty quickly.

First few seconds of gas.
Starting to slow down...
And she's out!
Tomorrow I will post pictures of the actual teeth trimming. In the meantime, if you are reading this and wondering just how severe Sushi's malocclusion is, this should give you a good idea:

This is only three and a half weeks of growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment