March 14, 2012

Still Worrying About Sushi

So Sushi is definitely eating like a champ but she just doesn't look at good as she normally does. I've seen her cleaning her face but the rest of her looks pretty rough. She seems more alert today though and her breathing seems clearer. Hopefully she's through the tough spot but if not I think she's going to the vet pretty quickly.

We did make a great discovery though. I've posted a lot before about how limited we are with her food options. Fruit is easy to handle since it is soft but we have really struggled with getting her a regular supply of fresh yet soft vegetables. However this weekend we were at the store buying baby cereal for her (which we use to make a mush mixed with crushed lab blocks) and suddenly it occurred to us - baby food!

I've not had kids, so baby food is a strange land to me. So many varieties - and most of them are simply 100% of whatever fruit or vegetable. We bought a tiny container of food made out of peas and suffered through the disgusting smell and gave Sushi a taste of it.


She loved it! I'm not sure that I have ever seen Sushi eat something as quickly as she did the baby food peas. I'm kind of astounded we didn't think of this before. Saké seems to have no interest at all in it, which I think points to how much variety she already has in her diet versus Sushi.


I never thought I'd be a regular visitor to the baby food aisle in the grocery store, but that is going to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment