March 26, 2012

An Update on Sushi

After 48 hours of fluid injections, liquid food, and laxatives, Sushi began looking better this weekend. She is now eating her regular mush of lab blocks and baby cereal and has shown interest in soaked monkey chow again. Her eyes are brighter, she is more stable, and her energy is back as well.

However, I think the brightest moment in all of this was Thursday after work, when I ran down the hall to check on her. I wasn't sure what we'd find after her visit to the vet that morning.

Amazingly, I found this:


Although wobbly, Sushi was at her food dish, eating. She didn't eat a lot but the fact that she showed any interest in food at all was heartening. It's obvious in the picture how sick she was - her eyes were rimmed with mucus and her ears have almost no color. But she was eating - and shortly after I took this picture she eagerly ate her special liquid diet from the vet.

She might be tiny, but she is a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment